Our clients platform is a new international destination for golf fans created by one of the global leaders in real-life entertainment, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The first-of-its-kind digital platform, which launches in January 2019, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting professional tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.
This new venture will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build it into the ultimate fan experience.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a Web Producer with excellent interpersonal skills to manage, edit, prepare and publish a constant stream of content to the company’s new global golf-media platform. You will work on page updates, live and VOD content management, headline and caption writing, site maintenance and site quality assurance. Past experience with production of digital golf content and website content management is a must; a golf-journalism background is a plus.
Applicants should have a great understanding of the competitive golf landscape and the language associated with the game. The position requires working some non-traditional hours, weekends and evenings in accordance with tournament schedules.
1. Work closely with the content-operations team as part of the front-end production team for all live and VOD content on their digital and app platforms.
2. Identify, caption, write headlines for and publish new pieces of content that come in from several live feeds around the world.
4. On non-tournament days, produce, edit and publish VOD, copy- and photo-driven features, highlights and slideshows.
5. Produce and manage pop-up notifications and mobile-first content for their app.
6. Work with the internal research team to conduct regular health checks on current programming and make recommendations on distribution, positioning and creative direction based on the data.
7. Make sure the pipeline of new content is well maintained, and that archival content is effectively resurfaced.
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in editorial digital production within the golf space
* Creative and strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills
* Well-developed understanding of OTT and live-sports-streaming front-end operations
* Golf-consumer mindset and passion for digital media and sport
* Strong communication skills, both in person and digitally
* Collaborative and possess a high degree of adaptability and flexibility
* Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup environment
* Enthusiasm for working on a fast-paced international team